Network Admin (12867)
- Ensure full interoperability and a seamless connection between all internal and external network devices that support the NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS services.
- First responder in the event of a network failure and must be able to troubleshoot, investigate, resolve and execute escalation of problems in a timely response.
- Monitoring, management, troubleshooting, technical advisement, and reporting status of Program of Record systems (e.g. SDN-L/M/H and SCAMPI).
- Understanding of Wide Area Networking (WAN) and Local Area Networking (LAN) Routing Protocols (e.g. EIGRP,BGP,OSPF/RIP)
- Have experience with both LAN and WAN troubleshooting.
- Provide real-time monitoring of bandwidth management and utilization on terrestrial and satellite Links using COTS software applications (e.g. SolarWinds).
- Proactive tracking and reporting protocol usage statistics (e.g., identify top talkers by protocol).
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Familiar with configuring and troubleshooting CISCO and Juniper routers and switches.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting encryption devices (e.g. KG-250, KG-255. etc).
- Monitoring and coordination with public carriers and other circuit providers to perform any operations activities (e.g., provisioning, problem management)
- Stage IOS code in preparation for planned hardware upgrades.
- Document, track, resolve, and report on problems and work orders using Remedy Action Request database system.
- Tracking, reporting, and notification of significant network related events and activities as directed by the GNCC Watch Officer.
- Coordinating, scheduling, and reporting of network and communications maintenance activities (e.g. Authorized Service Interruptions) affecting customer networks worldwide.
- Tracking, managing, and reporting network security events (Information Assurance) on networks with DoD and other Government organizations.
- Provide information, as directed by the Government, to assist with the development of briefing products and materials for presentation to senior leadership.
- Be able to provide status and details pertaining to the situational awareness of the operational infrastructure to partner sites; maintaining an event log and executing an effective pass-down between shifts; and provide outstanding customer support to our customers.
- Provide weekly Reports.
- Provide status reports as requested.
- Support CMDB (Configuration Management Data Base) by updating moves, adds, changes, RMA's, etc.
- Participate in exercises (e.g., COOP, network vulnerability, "red team/blue team", etc.).
- Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor. Employee handles ongoing assignments. Supervisor sets objectives, employee sets deadlines/plans tasks. Review based on meeting objectives.
- Current Top Secret clearance with eligibility for SCI required.
- This position will require shift and weekend work.
- This position may require travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide, and may include hazardous duty areas.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years of Network support experience
- Strong LAN and WAN skills
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
- Prior experience supporting government systems like NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience supporting CMDB (Configuration Management Data Base) by updating moves, adds, changes, RMA's, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Applicable DoD 8570.01-M certification required.
Pratt, Brown & Associates, LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If this position does not meet all your requirements, we welcome you to contact us with your resume. We have additional opportunities that may not be listed and we would be happy to match your skills with other available jobs. Please e-mail us your resume with your salary requirements to email@example.com. We look forward to helping you find a job opportunity that best fits your needs.